moldybluecheesecurds 2

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Microsoft's excellent software support

I've never bothered to contact Microsoft about a software problem before, figuring that I would a) have to pay and b) be able to find a solution on the web somewhere. Well, it turns out neither were true when Microsoft Graph (the chart plugin for MS Word for Mac) recently went haywire on me.

Since I use this program daily at work, finding a solution was essential and I finally went looking for real help. It turns out that for each piece of MS software you own, you can receive two free technical assists. Fortunately, no previous user of the program had used any of them, so when I emailed for help last Friday, I was told to expect a response within one business day. Not bad at all!

It got better. Jack, the MS tech, responded with a solution on Saturday and even wrote back Sunday to ensure I had received his first email. By Monday when I came to work, I had the three emails from MS, including my solution - which worked perfectly.

That's exceeding expectations.

No comments: