moldybluecheesecurds 2

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Gift "guides"

Ever since Thanksgiving, every circular in my newspaper, every commercial flyer in my mail, every techie website claims to have the ultimate gift guide. Is someone under the impression that I am lacking in gift ideas?

My family tends to be pretty straightforward with Christmas. Here's a list of things I would like, but feel free to shop for something else if you have a great idea. So the idea of a gift guide is laughable.

Of course, none of these purported gift guides really are. They don't help you navigate through things appropriate for someone who just started college, or a middle-aged aunt. No, they are just the same old advertisements with the prices removed, because with celebrating the birth of Jesus, money is no object.

Merry Christmas. (or happy holidays?)

No comments: