moldybluecheesecurds 2

Monday, January 11, 2010

Do we need Flintstone's vitamins?

MinnPost: "But is there any truth to that widely held prescription for health? Does the typical American really need vitamin and mineral supplements?"
I always took my vitamins as a kid and for a while as an adult, believing that it was a key part of having a healthy diet. But I've been coming across more discussion recently that the jury is out on regular use of multivitamins as general dietary supplements.

The issue is a big one, of course, because if there aren't significant health effects, then people are paying for an expensive placebo.

In some ways, I like giving up vitamins, because it makes me feel more responsible for getting proper nutrition from the food I eat.

1 comment:

Joe said...

"In some ways, I like giving up vitamins, because it makes me feel more responsible for getting proper nutrition from the food I eat."

I think you just got disconnected from the Matrix... better take the blue pill.