moldybluecheesecurds 2

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stealth sugar

Following up on my earlier post about China's rapidly rising caloric intake, I wanted to share a little surprise about sugar.

I love sugar. Skittles, for example, are among the tastiest things known to humankind. And I like sweet things. But like a good little FDA automaton, I also like a balanced diet and exercise. So when I get my sugar, I prefer it to be in pure form (Skittles) as opposed to hiding in foods I think are good for me. Like yogurt, "a great low fat snack."

It just so happens that when it comes to sugar,



Hmm, back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are truly a FDA automaton, and you believe that artificial sweeteners like Aspartame will NOT increase your chances of developing cancer or any other such disease...then you have a way to eat your HEALTHY yogurt and enjoy it too.
http://www.yoplait.com/images/health/weightloss/img_yoplaitLight.gif