moldybluecheesecurds 2

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Continued productivity

I'm starting to believe that actual life productivity is inversely proportionate to the amount of time I spend blogging. As can be refereced in my many previous posts, there was a lot of activity prior to the July 1 end of my formal employment, and substantially less since I have become employed as a contractor. When it's blogging v. wage slavery, I post. When it's blogging v. working outside, however...

I just finished one of the many non-blogging things that occupies my time lately. Online shopping, this time for inkjet cartridges. As you may know, inkjet printer companies are the greatest unhanged scoundrels in the known universe, as they sell printers at near cost in order to suck you into a lifetime of cartridge slavery. Does that 50 mL cartridge really cost $24 to produce? I think not.

Many enterprising folks have started producing "refill kits" and "compatible cartridges" to bust the monopoly of the name-brand companies. I successfully shopped around once before and decided to try again. The caveat being that you can never be sure if the website you plan to order from existed last week and will still next week. I finally found a guy who reviewed inkjet websites for cost, customer service, etc. Thank God! I almost tossed my money and my credit card number into the ethers when I found a site with great prices that had no security for its shopping process. Am I seriously supposed to just transmit my order information naked through cyberspace?

Anyway, disaster was averted and my new ink is coming via Printpal. Ah, the torrid affair of internet shopping.

No comments: