moldybluecheesecurds 2

Monday, October 24, 2005

Jones, stop Googling and get back to work!

It's no surprise that many companies are starting to crack down on employee internet use. I've never understood why so many workplaces allow their employees free access to the internet. I've been in very few job situations where I required internet access for work-related activity. The rest of the time I spent surfing news sites, checking email, or doing onling shopping. Good for the economy, perhaps, but not for business.

1 comment:

jff said...

A friend of mine disputed the idea that internet should be killed off at work. Just to clarify, I posted this to be a little edgy, not an asshole. I happen to believe having internet access at work is a nice way to integrate life with work, since I can take care of things like a bank transfer on a break instead of waiting until 5pm. That doesn't detract from the fact that internet use can and is frequently completely discretionary and titillating.